Skip to main content

Summer Lovin’

Hey y’all, it’s Courtney here, and today I’m sharing my layout for the August challenge #Summer Lovin’. I was excited to do this layout even though I don’t have a ton of fun Summer photos for this year since I just had a baby in June, but I do have a few that need to be scrapped. 



 I wanted this layout to be super bright and fun. 
I knew that I wanted to use the adorable Summer Lovin’
by Doodlebug Design. I used the 6x6 paper pack to mat the awesome triangle burst cut file from the shop. All I did was add an offset, and cut it in white. I hand cut all of the mats, which didn’t take to long, and was worth it. 



I used the super cute cardstock stickers, some of the glitter sprinkles, and a few items from the So Punny sticker sheet to add the cute little touches to it. As for the title I went with the “Shine On” from the Vicki Boutin 
All The Good Things thickers. 



I’m so in love with the way this turned out! I think the colors are perfect, and it turned out just the way I wanted it to. I can’t wait to see what you create, and don’t forget to #tag us on Instagram and Facebook. 



Make sure you use the code Courtney to save 20% when you #buyallthethings in the Paper Issues Shop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Happy- Simple Stories

MY HAPPY! Hey y’all! Courtney here and I am sharing my last layout as a Design Team member. I’m using the collection, Hey Crafty Girl. I found it only fitting to highlight my two Design Team announcements from last year. I knew that I wanted a colorful layout, so I picked the Crafty & Happy paper. Instead of just using it as is I decided to use a cut file from Paper Issues called Just a Few Bumps in the Road, and I cut it in black.i wanted all of the colors to really pop against it. I cut my pattern paper down to fill my cut file in rainbow order. I was super excited to see all of the embellishments that I could use to color block on my layout. I layered my photos on some dot paper and a 4x6 card to match the collection. I went through every embellishment and matched them with their color and chose wanted I wanted to keep on my layout. I also used a 4c6 photo photo flip so I could add my design team pictures. I added some enamel dots from multiple coll

Love You- Simple Stories

LOVE YOU! Hey y’all! Courtney here and today I am sharing my layout that I created using the collection My Valentine. This collection has some amazing vintage images and beautiful colors. I loved using it with a cut file by Paige Evans I cut the cut file out in the Lace Dots paper and then in white as a solid background. Then I cut each letter in various patterns from the 6x8 paper pad and the 12x12 sheets. I added foam to the top portion of my cut file and adhered the patterns to the white cut out to give it some dimension. After I adhered my cut file I added my 4 pictures. They are approximately 2x3’s and I added a white card stock mat to them.  Once I was happy with the placement I began to add my embellishments. I used the bits and pieces, My Valentine Card Ephemera, the mini sticker tablet, the 6x12 chipboard, and Combo Sticker sheet. Then, I finished the layout off with my clusters of enamel dots from the So Happy Together collection. Thank You so much

Scary Cute- Simple Stories

SCARY CUTE! Hey y'all! It's Courtney here! Today’s layout is made with the amazing Happy Haunting line. How fun is this line? When I saw it I knew exactly what picture I wanted to use. For this layout, I cut out 2-inch strips that varied in length. After that, I randomly placed them on the background page which is Utterly Spooky. I used a few different pages for the strips. I used both sides of Hocus Pocus, Fright night, Bootiful, and the 2x2 elements. I used some black crate paper, the bat border sticker, and the spooky house border sticker to add some different dimension and texture to my pattern. All of my clusters we're a mixture of the chipboard, the combo sticker sheet, the icon bits, and pieces, and the Happy Haunting journal pieces. I embellished each cluster with the small enamel dot from the Spring Farm House collection. I added a tab, tiny word sticker,   and a flower to my photo from the combo sticker sheet. I hope you are inspired to